Snow can be a beautiful sight, but it can also cause serious damage to your roof if not properly managed. Snow can damage a roof in two main ways. The first is by adding excessive weight to the roof, which can cause it to collapse or become damaged by the added strain. The second is through the melting and refreezing of snow. As snow melts and refreezes, it can seep into the cracks and crevices of the roof, leading to ice damming, which can cause further damage. Keep your roof in tip-top shape this winter with these tips on removing snow from your roof.
Roof Damage From Snow
To prevent snow from damaging your roof, it is important to keep it clear of excess snow. This can be done through regular shoveling or snow removal services. It is also important to ensure that snow doesn’t build up around the edges of the roof, as this can cause water to back up and pool on the roof. Be sure to maintain a proper attic insulation level and check to make sure that your roof is properly ventilated, as these can both help to reduce the amount of snow that accumulates on the roof. Lastly, it is important to inspect your roof for any signs of roof damage caused by snow and to repair any damage as soon as possible.
Tips for Removing Snow from Your Roof
Removing snow from your roof is an important step you should take to prevent the buildup of snow and ice on your roof. This can be a difficult and dangerous task, so it's important to take the right safety precautions and use the right techniques to get the job done correctly. Here are some of our tips for removing snow from your roof safely and effectively.
1. Start with the edges of the roof and work your way in. This will help prevent large chunks of ice or snow from falling off and causing damage or injury.
2. Use a roof rake or a long-handled garden tool to remove the snow from the edge of the roof.
3. Try to not walk on the roof if possible. If it is necessary, wear cleats or other special roofing shoes for better traction.
4. Work in sections, starting at the lower edge of the roof and working your way up. This will help prevent any large chunks of snow or ice from falling off and causing serious damage.
5. After removing the snow and ice, inspect the roof for any damage or damage that could become an issue in the future.
6. If the roof is too steep to safely remove the snow and ice, consider hiring a professional roofer to safely remove it.
7. Once all the snow and ice is removed, consider applying an ice-melting product to the roof to help prevent ice and snow from forming in the future.
How We Can Help!
Preferred Contractors is your reliable roofing company that offers quality services at reasonable prices. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible experience and guarantee our work will ensure satisfaction. With our experienced team of professionals and comprehensive services, Preferred Contractors is a trusted roofing company in Auburn, Alabama that you can count on for quality roofing services. Contact us today to schedule an inspection!